We are THE Air® 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) in Raleigh, Fayetteville and Lumberton
Air 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) distributor in the Raleigh, Fayetteville, Lumberton, NC area image
For specific product information, technical data sheet and MSDS information about the Air 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), click on the product link below. We have provided our Product Catalog for your convenience. To place an order, please contact Melody at (800) 247-6026.
The EPA has mandated that all on-road diesel vehicles manufactured in model year 2010 or later must be equipped with technology to reduce NOx emissions. It is estimated that by the beginning of 2010, 65 trucks will emit the same amount of air pollutants as 1 truck did in 1988. The 2010 emission standards in North America are 0.2g/HP-hr NOx and 0.01g/HP-hr Particulate Matter (PM). NOx emissions need removed from the air because they contribute to global warming, acid rain, atmospheric particles that cause visual impairment.
How does Air 1® Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Work?
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) – is 32.5% high purity urea, 67.5% DI water. Urea is automotive grade.
- Product will not separate
- Must be approved by the API: Must be manufactured, packaged and handled to meet AUS032 and ISO22241 specifications
- Economical to purchase, easy to use for drivers
What Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) means for drivers
- Drivers will have Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) indicator lights that are similar to a fuel tank in regards to the amount of product remaining in the on board tank.
- If empty the engine is throttled back. If water is put into the tank the engine will again be throttled back.
- If there is contamination the engine will yet again be throttled back.
- These systems are designed to operate in cold climates: Dispensing nozzles for fuel will not fit the DEF tank.
- When the DEF tank is empty “the vehicle will be limited to 5mph with inducement notification”
- The truck WILL still start!
- Making the wrong decision can cost several thousands of dollars
- How much does down time cost?
- Delayed shipments
- Labor to repair equipment
- Paying drivers
- The average repair/replace for an SCR system is $3,000 (chemical filter)
- If fluid has a reduced shelf life because of lengthy storage under heated conditions; the fluid will be consumed more rapidly by the unit
Available Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Package Sizes
In addition to Bulk, Campbell Lubricants has Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) available in the following package sizes: